NH7 Weekender 2018 Lineup is as diverse as it can get
The dates are drawing closer and the enthusiasm is at an all-time high. The stage is all set for Bacardi NH7 Weekender 2018- a name that reverberates and exhilarates music-loving youth. With an exciting lineup and the location being none other than the “Rock Capital of India”, Shillong, this year’s NH7 Weekender promises to be all the more fun. So what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and head to the Scotland of East for witnessing one of the biggest celebrations of music in the country.
But before you go, we bring you some essential tips and suggestions which might come handy while you are at the NH7 Weekender in Shillong. Read on…
For them who are new to this musical extravaganza, here’s a titbit on what the Bacardi NH7 Weekender is all about.
Bacardi NH7 Weekender is an eight-year-old annual music festival which was funded & started in 2010 by Stephen Budd (British music executive), Vijay Nair (CEO of Only Much Louder) and Martin Elbourne (from Glastonbury festival). The first event was held in Pune, which turned out to be a massive hit. This music festival went on to win the prestigious GIMA award for best music initiative.
Bands and artists like A.R. Rahman, Fear Factory, Megadeth, Mark Ronson, Steve Vai, Asian Dub Foundation, Benga, Fink, The Magic Numbers, Bombay bicycle club, The Wailers, The vaccines, Karnivool & Dry the river and many more have performed at the events before.
The most recent event in 2017 encouraged the performances of some top stand up comedians of India, including Kanan Gill, Kaneez Surkha, Rahul Subramaniam, Rohan Joshi, Anirban Dasgupta, Kunal Rao, Ashish Shakya, Navin Richard, Atul Khatri, Sonali Thakker, Kautuk Srivastava, Vaibhav Sethia, Sapan Verma, Azeem Bannatwalla, Biswa Kalyan Rath, Kunal Kamra and many more.
Image for Representative Purpose Only
Bacardi NH7 Weekender 2018 Line up:
NH7 Weekender 2018, which is being held in Shillong, is said to include performances by
- Poets of the Fall
- Guthrie Govan
- Shankar Mahadevan: My Country
- My Music
- Zero, Avancer
- Dualist Inquiry
- Mohini Dey
- Tipriti Kharbangar and the Clansmen
- Zubeen Garg’s Tribute to Bhupen Hazarika
- TM Krishna
- Dossers Urge
- Minute Of Decay
- Sky Level
- The Pirates
- The Vinyl Records
- Tiny Fingers
- Shadow and Light
- The Kush Upadhyay Group
- Fiddler’s Green
- Aarifah Rebello
- Aditi Ramesh
- Mahesh Raghunandan
- Morning Mourning
- Takar Nabam Trio
- The Twin Effect
- The Yellow Bucket
- Whale In The Pond
- Sandunes Live
- Ape Echoes
- Kumail (Live)
- adL x k.ly & The Other Soul Collective
- Rain In Sahara.
With a lineup this diverse, whatever be your genre of favorite music, you just can’t be not entertained.
The big event is announced to be held on 2nd and 3rd of November, 2018 in Meghalaya.
So rush to the hills and chill your musical demons in the huge gala event!
Things to consider before you head to the NH7 Weekender :
We all have our own duties and we keep conflicting between our duties & desires. One thing we all should keep in mind is that a vacation once in a while is not harmful. Over that, imagine a vacation packed with energy and fun! Whether or not you are residing in the North East, this event is the one you must attend and enjoy to the fullest. Because? A little party never killed nobody!! So join us and give yourself some love this November, do some great little things to remember!
Oh, we know! You might be worrying about the fare. Now listen up. Imagine saving 50 bucks each for just 50 days and having in hand may be a bit more than you need for a ticket to the event! Exciting, isn’t it? We know! Your ticket fare will range from 1250 to 2500 bucks and that is all you will need to enjoy the show and own the dancefloor!
So go on, make a list to stash in your bag or should we do that for you? We will.
Image for Representative Purpose Only
- Electrolyte drinks are literally energy packets in your bag. Although it’s hilly, dehydration cannot be avoided. It’s best to keep in hand some backup energy for the tired beans you will become.
- Carry ID for entry into the music festival. Although it’s boring to be responsible, there’s no other way they’ll let you in.
- Binoculars in a concert will just do the work of large TV screens. After all, what’s better than having a zoomed experience of your favorite artist’s performance, right?
- It’s November and the North East. Carrying sweaters is one thing a sane music lover would do because who would want to run away from cold instead of dancing in it!
- Carry enough cash in safe place always with you in the festival. We’re not asking you to spend all of it, but carrying more than required wouldn’t do any harm, in fact, it’ll be of use just in case there’s an emergency.
- Although there is full security in and around the grounds where the music festival is taking place, it is always necessary to carry a pepper spray and other defense equipment to stay safe and happy.
- Also, it is always safe to have an emergency plan to save yourself from all the bad things happening, like losing your phone or getting lost yourself !! (Scary,right?) Always have a paper copy of your information stuck to your phone and you in case something of that sort happens.
- Carrying mini pack containing all your accessories including sorted make-up essentials, tissues, contact lenses, sunscreen, and other essentials will save you from a last-minute rush or will keep you clean.
All the important things to be carried along with you to a music festival have been listed and so now, we are waiting for you! Meet you in Meghalaya! Until then, Khublei!
Featured Image Source: YouTube